Pavlovich Coachlines is committed to protecting the environment during the planning and delivery of all passenger services and support activities. We are actively always looking for ways to operate more sustainably and reduce the impact our activities have on the environment. Some of the ways we are demonstrating our commitment of care - our Tiaki Promise, are outlined below;
- Ensuring our operations comply with environmental legislation and staff are aware of company environmental policies and procedures. Company practices are reviewed regularly and opportunities to work more sustainably are investigated, with changes made where appropriate.
- Reducing our impact on the environment by being mindful of how we operate and the business decisions we make. For example appropriate vehicle size selection for each job and efficient rostering to reduce unnecessary fuel consumption. Decisions around future fleet investments are made with sustainability in mind.
- Preventing pollution of storm water drains especially around grooming areas at the depots and maintaining appropriate emergency and spill response programmes in the event of an accident.
- Utilising fleet monitoring software in our vehicles to measure vehicle speed and idling times. This assists in creating awareness amongst our drivers of unnecessary idling and fuel consumption. Drivers are always encouraged to keep their speed and idling within the low acceptable limits tolerated by Pavlovich Coachlines.
- Our new purpose built Auckland depot is currently under construction. It will have the groundwork installed that is required for the future set up of charging electric buses and coaches, ready for when the technology and infrastructure become available in New Zealand.
- Promoting the efficient use of materials and resources, including fuel, water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable. All lights and computers are turned off at the end of every day.
- Reducing waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economic and suitable.
- No longer offering disposable plastic water bottles on tour coaches and encouraging customers to be environmentally conscious and do the same.
- Encouraging our staff, customers and the public to support our commitment to the environment and to join us in taking responsibility and accountability.
- Being committed to continuing to improve sustainability within the transport and tourism industries. We are signed up to the 12 steps of the New Zealand Sustainable Tourism Commitment and actively assess our activities and practices to ensure they are in line with them.